— Father and Kid Know —
64. Father’s Weight : If the father-to-be gains weight while his wife is pregnant, it’s a girl. If he doesn’t gain weight, it is a boy.
Couvade Syndrome is the name for sympathetic pregnancy, the partner sharing the mother to be’s symptoms. Sympathetic pregnancy is most prominent towards the end of the first trimester, and it is noted far more in the final trimester. With no cure, the only way to stop feeling these symptoms is to wait for your partner to give birth.
A study was carried out in Denmark with 100 fathers-to-be who were suffering from such symptoms, and the results were quite alarming. Off the 100 dads who gained weight, 95 of their partners gave birth to a girl and just five to a boy.
65. Baby’s heart rate : Predicting the sex of your unborn child by using the heart rate is a popular old wives tale. If the heart rate is less than 140 BPM then you are having a boy; a heart rate that is faster than 140 beats per minutes indicates that you will give birth to a baby girl.
While most researches indicate that there is no significant difference between the heart rate of male and female fetuses, A study revealed that the hearts of female babies when laboring, beating faster than those of male babies.
66. Baby’s heart sound : If the heart beat sounded like a train, it is a boy. If it sounded a horse galloping, it will be a girl.
67. What the sibling says : If a young kid keeps telling the mom-to-be the sex of his/her unborn sibling, he/she is probably right.
68. Mama or Dada : This tale only applies to the second and following children. If your first child’s first word was dadda (dada), you’ll have a boy. If the first word was momma (mama), you will have a girl. Same method applies for all the immediate younger sibling.
69. Hairline at the Back of Neck : In India, mothers look at the hairline of their children to predict the sex of their next child. When the hairline of their first child is straight, the unborn child she is carrying will be of the same sex; if the hairline is pointed (or V-shape) then her next child will be of the opposite sex.
70. Hair Whorl : To predict the gender of your baby you can also study the hairline of your previous child. The hair whorl will go in a clockwise or anticlockwise direction; if your child has an anticlockwise hair whorl you next child will be a girl, if the whorl is clockwise then you are expecting a boy.
71. Baby Bald Spot (Patch) : This one was told by a Korean old lady. If there is a rounded bald spot founded on the back of your baby, your next child will be a girl. If it is a long spot across the back, your next child will be a boy.
72. Toddler : If a toddler shows interest in your belly or likes to hang out with you when you are pregnant, you are having the opposite gender of the toddler. In other words, if the toddler is a girl, you are having a baby boy, and vice versa.
73. Inverted Nipples : If the nipples of your baby are inverted (invaginated) at birth, your next child will be the opposite sex, if the nipples are not inverted, your next child will be the same sex.
74. Wrinkles : If wrinkles are found on the upper part of a newborn child, the next child will be the opposite sex.
— Astronomy —
75. New Moon : In Touraine, France, to see a new moon within six days after a baby was born foretold that the next child would be of the same sex; if after more than six days, of the opposite sex.
76. Moon Phase : This philosophy suggests that during a full moon the eggs are attracted to male sperm and during a new moon to female sperm. Therefore if your ovulation falls at the time of a new moon (from the start of a new moon up until one day before full moon) then you will carry a girl. If you ovulate during a full moon and the days up to the next new moon then you will carry a boy. In order for this test to work you need to calculate the day that you will ovulate in your menstrual cycle as well as study the patterns of the moon. The test is supposed to be accurate, other than when you ovulate on the day before either a new moon or a full moon, where it is said to be a 50-50 chance which sperm will be attracted to the egg.
Enter a year below, and find out all the dates of new moon and full moon in that year. All time in GMT (Greenwich Mean Time).